Posted on December 15, 2017
Mini Christmas Puddings – healthy fast tasty
So disclaimer here. I have to call them puddings! Mostly because I used to harp on so much about how there were too many protein ball recipes in the world. So today I eat my words and give you my recipe for mini Christmas puddings…. raw protein puddings They’re super tasty, perfect for after the gym or to keep you going as you run around mad doing your Christmas shopping. No blender required!!
Mini Christmas Puddings
Makes 10 single servings
1 cup of dates soaked for about an hour- did them in hot water, but chai tea would be lovely
1 cup of pecans finely chopped
1 tbsp brown rice protein powder
2 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp water
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cardamom pod crushed – outer casing removed
some desiccated coconut, craisins and apricots for decoration
- So if you do have a blender (you lucky duck you), discard the soaking liquid from the dates and lash all the ingredients in the blender, except the coconut, craisins or apricots. The go to step 5.
- If you don’t have a blender like moi. Drain the dates and mash them on a plate with a fork.
- Chop up the pecans nice and fine. Walnuts would work here too.
- In a big bowl dd all the other ingredients except the coconut, craisins or apricots and mix well.
- Portion out the puddings using a tablespoon for bitesized pieces and roll them into a ball.
- I then squish them down into little puds and add a little drop of honey to each so that the toppings will stick.
and top them with coconut (to look like snow, fine grated brazil nuts also work great for this) and a little decoration.
They keep really well in a sealed tin in the fridge or a cold kitchen and the spices really mellow after a day!
If you want to take them with you on the hop, freeze them individually so they thaw out during the day.